Health and Wellness Services
The Amherst Senior Center is committed to offering Health and Wellness Clinics for older adults.
- Weekly Blood Pressure Clinic: Mondays from 10:00-11:00am. No appointment necessary
- Weekly 30min Reiki Session with Reiki Master Bob Nelson, RN: Wednesdays from 9:00am-1:00pm. By appointment only. Please call (413) 259-3060 to schedule. Suggested donation of $20 per session.
- Mobile Manicures by Sarah: Fourth Tuesday of each month from 9:00am-4:00pm. Sarah Hassett, licensed master nail technician specializing in natural nail care, offers full spa manicures with gentle nail shaping, cuticle care, hydrating massage, and professional polish application. By appointment only. Call (413) 259-3060 to book. Appointments are $25.
- SHINE Counseling: Have questions about health insurance? Are you turning 65 soon? Reach out to a SHINE Counselor for answers and guidance. To make an appointment call, (413) 259-3060. We will refer your request to one of our counselors.
- Caregiver Support Group: Feeling the stress of caring for a loved one? Join our monthly support group led by caring senior center staff. New members must pre-register. No drop ins allowed. Call Helen MacMellon, LCSW to sign up (413) 259-3062.
- Foot Care by Piper: Third Thursday of each month from 9:00am-3:30pm. Piper Sagan, RN & Certified Foot Care Nurse, offers foot care with a therapeutic massage. For appointments at the Bangs Center, call (413) 259-3060. Fee is $50. For a home visit call (413) 522-8432. Fee is $80.
The Amherst Senior Center believes that cost should never be prohibitive. If you would like to participate in one of our Health and Wellness Services, but are concerned about payment. Please ask about our Wellness Grant Program.